Top Ways to Prevent Commercial Mold Growth
How do you keep mold from spreading in your commercial property?
The best way to keep your commercial property from mold growth is by following these tips.
Clean: Mold grows on areas that are porous. The best way to prevent growth is by keeping everything clean. The cells that feed mold can be kept away by cleaning everything. From floors to ceilings to upholstery: mold can grow, so keep it clean.
Staying Dry: Mold likes to grow in moist environments. Moisture helps mold flourish, so keep the area dry. Always run exhaust fans and clean up spills immediately.
Repairs: Mold can grow in areas that are tapering off. The best way to keep mold from growing is to keep your home tidy and clean; such as, foundation cracks, new seals, roof patching, and other areas that need home repairs.
Mold Spores: One of the best ways to stop mold from growing is to know how to spot spores as soon as they begin. But, mold can be sneaky in cracks and crevices of a home or business. Make sure to keep up on inspections and other look-outs to spot mold in those sneaky spots.
Keep in mind if you suspect mold, call the professionals. Mold growth in your Henderson home or business can create disaster for your place. Call us for mold testing in your home or business, because knowing the mold you are dealing with is the best way to combat it.
What is that damp smell in your Henderson home?
When you get home from a long day of work, and you notice that there is an odor in your home that you do not recognize --it can be cause for concern.
So, what is that smell?
1. It could be mold. When mold spores begin to grow they can emit a smell that is similar to damp, wet clothes or a wet dog. It is not a fun smell, but it is a wake-up call to find out the verdict of the odor.
2. Undiscovered Water Damage such as a small dripping pipe. This may not turn into a problem but if you do not get it repaired, it can turn into full water damage or weaken the sheetrock into a crumbly mess for your home.
3. Full water damages could create an odor in your home. This one is much more obvious because a lot of water damages are discoverable.
No matter how you find water damage or mold damage in your home --give our office a call so we can help evaluate the damage and help you find out the odor in your Henderson home.
How to Keep your Henderson Home Safe from Fire Damages
Candles are a fan favorite in almost every household. We know they are always nice to have when company comes over or when you need a relaxing moment. We agree, candles are great, but not always when it comes to fire safety. Candles are open flames, so there is always a risk when you light one of these up. Here are a few tips to keep your home safe and smelling good at the same time:
- Always keep curtains away from open flames. It may seem like your curtains or fabric are far enough away from your candles, but we suggest the further the better. Even if you think the candle is far enough away, move it a few inches more, just in case. Candles are open flames, so even a slight breeze could cause the curtains to blow right into them, especially if they are long pieces of fabric.
- Always blow out candles before going to sleep. It does not matter how long you plan to be asleep or even if there are other people in the home. If you lit the candle, always blow it out and put a lid over it before leaving a room. It does not matter if you are heading to be absent for fifteen minutes or an hour.
- Always keep your pets away from open flames. We love our fur babies at SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties, but we know they can be unpredictable. Even the most well-trained and veteran pet can have a bad moment. Animals may not understand that fire means danger, so leaving an open flame within their reach can only mean one thing --potential fire hazard. Keep your fur babies away from areas with candles or do not light a candle for the night until your pets are put to bed.
We love candles, but we do not love when they create a fire hazard for you or your family. It is always best to follow best practices to keep your home or business safe from fire damages.
Commercial Construction Upgrades
Commercial Cleaning and Reconstruction/Construction: We can help!
Has your equipment needed extra cleaning, or some mold damage left untreated, or simple floor to ceiling clean, and construction upgrades?
When there are commercial upgrades needed in your facility -- SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, and Crittenden Counties knows what to do.
Our Reconstruction Manager, has worked on numerous construction commercial facilities. From factories, to educational facilities, to apartment complexes, to small businesses: he is the expert. Schedule a consultation with him to find out what your property is need of upgrading. Whether you know what it is or not, letting a professional be there to help, is key.
Maybe your facility or business does not need commercial reconstruction, but commercial cleaning. We do that too! We have options for HVAC cleaning, carpet cleaning, floor to ceiling clean and more.
We can do a little bit of everything. Call our offices today for more information!
Yes, we do that!
Commercial Reconstruction happens more often than you think. When a commercial business or facility needs upgrades, especially after a water loss, the flow of construction can be frustrating. The best way to limit interruption and flow is to have the same company do the remediation and reconstruction.
Our reconstruction team consists of highly trained team members who are used to working on commercial losses and working with our remediation crew. We know that business interruption is crucial when it comes to your facility. We know how to work with your team to make your needs a reality. We have after hours teams that can help when it is crucial to do keep the team rolling during standard business hours.
Let our team be there to help!
Water Damage and Wet Materials
When water damage occurs in your home there are a variety of materials that can be remediated. We work to dry your home it the most efficient way possible. But, sometimes there are materials that cannot be salvaged.
When wet, some insulation like fiberglass or expanded foam can be dried and saved. Blown insulation that's wet loses it's R-value, or ability to insulate, and should be replaced.
We want to make sure we put your home back "Like it never even happened," and sometimes that takes replacing some of the materials and structure of your home.
Call us today if you have a water damage or suspect there's water damage, you cannot find. This happens more often than you think and can impact the insulation as mentioned above.
Call us to speak with a trained and highly skilled team member to help.
Do you have a plan?
Storm weather is upon us. We go from storm season, to thunderstorms, to tornadoes, to hurricanes. Storm weather can impact us from miles and miles away.
1. Have a Plan: make sure your family knows what the plan is and have it written down so everyone can have access to it for a refresher when needed.
2. Have a safety kit and check it regularly for updates.
3. Have a safety spot in the home. Make sure you pick somewhere not around windows and doors that you can shelter from a storm.
Keep these tips in mind at your next family meeting, so that you can keep yourself and your family safe during the next storm season pattern. We know damages happen, but it does not hurt to be prepared.
Fire Cleanup and Restoration
Capturing and Removing Residues
There are several ways to capture and remove residue on contents that a fire has left damaged.
One of those ways is to vacuum:
For removing dry particles that are loosely attached to surfaces use a cleaned filter vacuum. This can help catch the particles before they get more heavily damaged.
Another way to capture that residue is through dissolving:
Residues and soils that are not loose particles have to be dissolved first, before they are removed.
We have a soft-contents division that can be of assistance when it comes to your fire damages contents. We have a specialized ESPORTA machine and trained technicians to bring your contents back to life after a fire has damaged them. Trust the professionals with your beloved items. We are here to help.
Winter Weather Cleaning
Although, the snow seems to have taken a halt. There are ways that the residue left can harm your home. Dashing through the salt, slush and snow outside can bring unwanted stains and spots to carpet or hardwood flooring. These tips will help protect floors from the elements. Follow them to get your home or business ready for the spring flow:
- Use walk-off mats outside.
- Put doormats inside, too.
- Vacuum the salt as quickly as it hits the carpet from your shoes and other materials.
- Get your carpets cleaned. (We can help with that)
We hope you don't have any water damage issues this season, but remember, SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, and Crittenden Counties is here to help if you have water (or any other clean-up) damages.
Keeping Your Pets Safe
We continuously bring you tips on how to keep your home or business safe during winter weather, or stormy weather. We also like to protect your furry friends. There are a few tips to keep in mind when the weather can turn for the worst when it comes to your pets. Here are a few ways to keep them safe:
1. Watch the weather closely, so you know when to bring your outside pets in for the winter.
2. Provide them with blankets and comfort.
3. Layer them up! Even animals with thick fur need some protection in the elements.
4. Booties for their paws: Amazon sales custom booties for dogs and cats of all sizes to help prevent the pads on their paws from getting dried out or frostbitten in certain elements this winter.