Recent Fire Damage Posts
Holiday Fire Damage in your Henderson Home
Holiday season safety!
Fa la la, Fire
During the holidays there are so many ways that a fire can come from decorations, food, and other holiday functions. We want to keep your holidays safe and fun. Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your home fa la la far away from fire damage.
- Make sure all candles are out before leaving a room, going to sleep, or leaving the house.
- Unplug holiday lights on the inside of your home before leaving or going to sleep. Long periods of time can create an issue for lights hanging against flammable material. Always keep cords up to date, and throw away frayed material before hanging them up this year.
- If you have a real tree, always make sure to give it water. A tree that is dehydrated can catch fire so easily against all those lights and electrical items.
- Watch where you place those decor items. Keep them far away from candles, melters, radiators, heaters, and other items that have a flame or extreme heat coming from them.
We are here to help for fire damages 24/7 and 365 days, even during the holidays. We hope you do not need us, so follow these tips to keep your home safe during these wintry months!
How to Keep your Henderson Home Safe from Fire Damages
Candles are a fan favorite in almost every household. We know they are always nice to have when company comes over or when you need a relaxing moment. We agree, candles are great, but not always when it comes to fire safety. Candles are open flames, so there is always a risk when you light one of these up. Here are a few tips to keep your home safe and smelling good at the same time:
- Always keep curtains away from open flames. It may seem like your curtains or fabric are far enough away from your candles, but we suggest the further the better. Even if you think the candle is far enough away, move it a few inches more, just in case. Candles are open flames, so even a slight breeze could cause the curtains to blow right into them, especially if they are long pieces of fabric.
- Always blow out candles before going to sleep. It does not matter how long you plan to be asleep or even if there are other people in the home. If you lit the candle, always blow it out and put a lid over it before leaving a room. It does not matter if you are heading to be absent for fifteen minutes or an hour.
- Always keep your pets away from open flames. We love our fur babies at SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties, but we know they can be unpredictable. Even the most well-trained and veteran pet can have a bad moment. Animals may not understand that fire means danger, so leaving an open flame within their reach can only mean one thing --potential fire hazard. Keep your fur babies away from areas with candles or do not light a candle for the night until your pets are put to bed.
We love candles, but we do not love when they create a fire hazard for you or your family. It is always best to follow best practices to keep your home or business safe from fire damages.
Fire Cleanup and Restoration
Capturing and Removing Residues
There are several ways to capture and remove residue on contents that a fire has left damaged.
One of those ways is to vacuum:
For removing dry particles that are loosely attached to surfaces use a cleaned filter vacuum. This can help catch the particles before they get more heavily damaged.
Another way to capture that residue is through dissolving:
Residues and soils that are not loose particles have to be dissolved first, before they are removed.
We have a soft-contents division that can be of assistance when it comes to your fire damages contents. We have a specialized ESPORTA machine and trained technicians to bring your contents back to life after a fire has damaged them. Trust the professionals with your beloved items. We are here to help.
Night time Fire Safety
If you are like many Americans, you have thought about what would happen in case of a fire in the middle of the night.
An important safety tip is keep your bedroom doors closed when you sleep. Yes, keep every single door closed, especially the rooms where you or your family are sleeping.
If a fire is in your home in the middle of the night, a closed door can help prevent the fire from spreading. Not only does it prevent it from spreading, but it can lessen smoke damage, and could even save yours or your family's lives.
We want you to stay safe and emergency damages to your home can cause unwanted events. Keep your family safe in the little ways, because they will add up to big safety in the end.
Commercial Reconstruction after a Fire Damage
Do you have a plan in place for commercial fire damages?
Do you have a plan in place for a commercial fire damage?
When a fire occurs in your commercial building, do you know who to call?
Fire damages can be a leading cause of shut-downs when it comes to factories or other high square footage commercial properties. When a fire damage occurs the soot and smoke spread over a majority of the contents because of the openness of many of these facilities.
Did you know that SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties has a contents restoration department? We can handle anything from large to small contents restoration. You want to make sure you minimize interruption when soot, smoke, or fire damage occur, and making sure you are have contact with a professional restoration company helps with that.
Commercial Fire Damages-- SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties
When a fire damage occurs in your home, people know to call SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties. What you may not know is that we handle commercial fire damages too.
When fire damage occurs, it leaves behind more than damages from the flames. Soot and smoke damage are the main factors when there is contents damage in your business.
We have specialized products and cleaning equipment to help get your contents back to "Like it never even happened." When it comes to schools, businesses, government buildings, and more --we can help. We have large teams of trained technicians that can provide cleaning and restoring for your contents.
You will meet with a lead of our production team to discuss and do a walk-through to see what you need when it comes to soot and smoke damages at your commercial business.
Thanksgiving Fire Safety
In with the current state of the world, most people will be still be cooking on Thanksgiving day and many days after that.
When cooking, there are several dangers that can occur in your home. In order to keep your home safe, during the holiday season, follow these tips:
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids.
- Do not wear long sleeves when cooking. Sleeves that are long or hang can catch the stove or a flame and catch fire.
These are just a few tips on how to keep you safe during cooking season. For a full list of tips on how to keep you safe during full cooking season, visit this site.
Is there more to your fire damaged home?
When a fire damage occurs in your Henderson home, SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean and Crittenden Counties, is here to help!
When most people think of fire damage, they think of structure damages. That can be a big part of fire damages, but it is almost never the only aspect.
Fire damages can occur in your home and only create a smoke or soot smell throughout. When this happens, we are here to help. We have a process for your home that can helped with fire cleaning sponges. This can help smoke and soot damage that has fallen on lamp shades, kitchen appliances, and other items in your home.
Another aspect of a fire damage could be char on your items. When it comes to soft contents, we can help with that too. We have an entire soft contents division that has a machine, the ESPORTA. The ESPORTA machine can take your soot and smoke filled soft contents back to "Like it never even happened."
So, not only can we help repair soot and fire damaged items, but we can help with the structure side too. A team of our trained technicians can use our ice blasting tool to help get char and other fire debris off of your walls, wood beams, brick fireplaces and more.
When your home or business has been tarnished as a result of fire damage, call us today.