Recent Storm Damage Posts
Do you have a plan?
Storm weather is upon us. We go from storm season, to thunderstorms, to tornadoes, to hurricanes. Storm weather can impact us from miles and miles away.
1. Have a Plan: make sure your family knows what the plan is and have it written down so everyone can have access to it for a refresher when needed.
2. Have a safety kit and check it regularly for updates.
3. Have a safety spot in the home. Make sure you pick somewhere not around windows and doors that you can shelter from a storm.
Keep these tips in mind at your next family meeting, so that you can keep yourself and your family safe during the next storm season pattern. We know damages happen, but it does not hurt to be prepared.
Keeping Your Pets Safe
We continuously bring you tips on how to keep your home or business safe during winter weather, or stormy weather. We also like to protect your furry friends. There are a few tips to keep in mind when the weather can turn for the worst when it comes to your pets. Here are a few ways to keep them safe:
1. Watch the weather closely, so you know when to bring your outside pets in for the winter.
2. Provide them with blankets and comfort.
3. Layer them up! Even animals with thick fur need some protection in the elements.
4. Booties for their paws: Amazon sales custom booties for dogs and cats of all sizes to help prevent the pads on their paws from getting dried out or frostbitten in certain elements this winter.
After a storm damages an area, the cleanup begins. When a cleanup starts, there are areas to rebuild.
The best way to rebuild is to have a team in place that can do construction and complete the post-construction cleanup right after the project is complete. That way you have 100% more efficiency by using the same company for both projects.
When you have a brand new building, especially after a storm loss, you want it in the best shape.
Trust our team for your post-construction cleaning needs. We are highly trained in cleaning measures. We know what products to use to get your building back in business. Let us help, call our offices, SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties, today to setup a consultation with out team.
Roof Damages -- Prevent them from happening.
When storm's are about to occur, there are a variety of things in your home that you could do to protect it. Some emergencies can not be avoided, but prepping your home, can help.
There are a few instances you can take to prevent further damage before a storm.
Protect your roof
Protect your roof from damages before they happen. When a storm is on the horizon, make sure extra shingles are nailed down, any holes have been aided, and other roof damages have been fixed prior. These methods give your roof the best chance of holding down during heavy winds, rain, and other storm factors.
Trim your trees
Trim your trees to combat roof damage. Another factor of roof damage is that of tree breakage. When trees are unkempt, old, or just in the wrong area they can cause reprehensible damages to your home or business. The best way to keep those damages at bay is to prevent them from being in the way. Cut down old trees so that they are not easily swayed by winds into your home. Try to trim back branches and other yard debris to keep them out of harms way from your roof or windows.
These are just a few tips on how you can keep your home safe during storm season. Follow along to our blog and social media for other storm damage safety tips.
Preventative Measures for Storm Damage
Here's how to create preventative measures for storm damages in your home--
First, check your water and pipes. People near water are first at risk during storms. For this reason, try not to run water during a storm because metal pipes are precise conductor vessels of water that attract lightening.
When running water during a storm, you risk overflow (from having to evacuate), storm surges, and flooding from outside areas. Be aware and cautious when storms could be prevalent in your area. It is always best to have an emergency plan to prevent damages and other dangers during emergency storm times of the year.
If a storm has damaged your home or property, give SERVPRO® of Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, & Crittenden Counties a call, so we can help.
Heavy Rains- Are you prepared?
When heavy rains hit during storm season, there are a few steps you can take to tackle these home emergencies:
- Double-check your insulation on your basement. Excessive amounts of rain in a short period of time can overload basement waterproofing systems, saturating the earth around your basement and then pushing in through foundation cracks. Have an expert inspect your basement to make sure it is properly protected from heavy storm rains.
- Sometimes, basements that are perfectly protected can still flood, call your insurance provider to double check your flood insurance.
- The position of your home can also impact flood damages. Check your landscaping and the slope of your lawn.
When flood damages occur, be prepared. Have a nationally acclaimed vendor on your side -- call us today when damages occur to your Henderson, Webster, Union, McLean, or Crittenden counties home.